- Nettle vinegar - simply cover the young leaves in apple cider vinegar and store somewhere warm for a few weeks. This vinegar will be high in minerals.
- Nettle tincture - cover the leaves in vodka (or brandy) and store somewhere dark and cool for about four weeks, giving it a gentle shake daily. According to a handout on nettles from Sarah Head this is good for adrenal support in stress remedies.
- Nettle and apricot iron tonic - this is a recipe I saw suggested by Sarah Head recently. I covered a mixture of nettle leaves, organic apricots, plus peel of one orange with red wine. This is also stored away in a cool dark place for four weeks. This will be a remedy for iron deficiency.
More nettle posts:
- A warming lime flower, nettle and gotu kola tea or just nettle tea
- A recipe for nettle cordial (which really is lovely)
- A very nutritious nettle soup
- The use of nettles for hair care
- A great post on nettles by fellow herbal blogger Karen Vaughan
Share on Facebook